By Therapist, Adida Shahab
This workshop is here to help people suffering from stress and chronic pains, anxiety, feeling fearful and/or frustration easily but do not know why.
Some of us may even feel a lump when we touch ourselves, and this workshop provides you an alternative to get rid of the lump without going through surgery.
Not only that, it also teach you to listen to your body and eliminate potential health hazards including cancer. It is only when you have good health then you will enjoy a good life. We should never take for granted the importance of having good health.
Adida Shahab has more than 15 years of experience, and have helped many patients to find relief from discomfort, aches and pain, anxiety, fear and stress. You can read up more about her here.
This could also be a course for you, if you are looking to be a therapist yourself, or an opportunity to make like-minded friends.
What does the 2 days course comprises?
Day 1: Breathe It Right
Breathing properly can reduce your stress and anxiety levels, improve productivity, boost your immune system against illness and diseases. Life is absolutely dependent upon the act of breathing.
“Breath is Life.”
There may be many theories and terminologies out there in the world, and I am sure most would agree with me that to breathe is to live, and without breath there is no life.
According to the University of Texas Counseling and Mental Health Center, “Diaphragmatic breathing allows one to take normal breaths while maximizing the amount of oxygen that goes into the bloodstream. It is a way of interrupting the ‘Fight or Flight’ (stress) response and triggering the body’s normal relaxation response.”
Optimum breathing using the nose and diaphragm plays a major role in regulating the autonomic nervous system – the sympathetic (Fight or Flight response) and parasympathetic (the relax response) aspects. It serves to balance them and allow to optimum self regulation.
At “Breathe It Right”, we focus on creating a balance between inhalation and exhalation and therefore in the autonomic nervous system.
When breathing using predominantly the diaphragm (as in optimal breathing), the larger, lower lobes of the lungs are comfortably filled allowing for more gas exchange. And respiration is far more efficient. In addition, the lower lobes are rich in Parasympathetic Nervous System receptors which allows for a balance between the Parasympathetic Nervous System and Sympathetic Nervous System and a correction of our predominant ‘fight or flight’ functioning.
When breathing ‘diaphragmatically’ through the nose it is common to experience relaxation and a calming of the mind. Most athletes and high performers can easily access to ‘zone like’ or ‘alpha’ states during exercise or competition, which generally involve higher levels of Parasympathetic Nervous System activation than in normal waking states.
In this workshop we will guide you step by step on how to evaluate your breathing pattern.
You will learn 4 simple steps to breathe to:
1) Improve intake of oxygen into your lungs
2) Rebalance your nervous system
3) Enhance the parasympathetic tone of your nervous system
4) Release tightness in ribcage, diaphragm and chest
Do you know what happens when you breathe engaging your diaphragm? It will:
• Improves your blood circulation & quality of the Blood
• Strengthens your Heart & Lungs
• Strengthens your Immune System
• Improves the Nervous System
• Improves Cellular Regeneration
• Massages Your Organs ie, stomach, liver, spleen
• Increases Digestion
• Boosts Energy levels and Improves Stamina
You will also learn how to use Essential Oils to improve breathing. What will be taught during the class includes:
• Properties of essential oils for health
• How essential oils can improve breathing and health
• Eliminate respiratory illness like asthma, cough, cold naturally
Day 2 – Lymphatic Drainage Techniques
Understanding your lymph system
The lymphatic system is part of the circulatory system and it also plays a vital role in immune defence. It comprises a network of lymphatic vessels that carry a clear fluid called lymph, which is similar to blood plasma. These vessels also carry waste products, bacteria and protein to be drained from the body. The lymphatic system includes lymph organs like none marrow, thymus gland, spleen and tonsils. Along the lymphatic vessels, there are lymph nodes where lymphocytes (a type of immune cell) are concentrated. These lymph nodes are normally pea-sized but they become swollen when a person is unwell with serious illnesses like cancer. Lymph nodes can trap cancer cells. But when they fail in this task, lymphatic vessels actually help the spread of cancer. There are signs when our body is stress. We will be discussing what to lookout for when your lymphatic system is out of balance.
Do you know that Lymphatic Drainage Techniques can:
• Improve circulation of lymph system and blood circulation
• Improve skin care
• Support breast care and potentially prevent breast cancer and other auto immune diseases
• Detox at cellular level
• Promote healing
• Reduce water retention during and after pregnancy
• Reduce swelling
We will also have demonstration exercises. These exercises are simple and easy to learn. Once you have mastered them, you can easily do them when you are showering, or at any time, and on demand.
Using Essential Oils to lymphatic drainage
• Learn about properties of essential oils for health
• How to choose the therapeutic grade essential oil for safe usage
• How essential oils can improve circulatory system and lymphatic drainage
• Potentially eliminate cancer and other auto immune diseases naturally
At the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Use your breathing to eliminate stress and anxiety and have the resources to manage your response to stress and trauma
2. Apply a simple technique to have a healthy breast care protocol to fight breast cancer and improve your immune system and circulatory system.
3. Have the knowledge on the correct usage of essential oils for selfcare and health.
4. Learn the safe way to use essentails oil of therapeutic grade
5. Learn to stretch the usage of essential oils with Breathe It Right and Lymphatic Drainage Techniques to get a more enhanced level of benefits.
SEE YOU THERE!
Date: 25 and 26 February 2017
Time: 9am to 5pm
Course Fee: $500